My name is Sophie and I’m a ClassPass addict.
Rewind back a month to the launch of ClassPass in London and I was a bit ambivalent to what they were offering. For a monthly fee you can go to unlimited classes at nearly 200 studios around London. The only limitation that I could see was that you’re restricted to 3 visits per studio each month (visits to different locations of the same studio, like Boom Cycle,all count as one studio). It sounded alright and I thought at best it would be worth a try for a month.
And now here I am at the end of the month and I’ve loved it. Here’s why:
– I get bored if I take the same classes every week so variety helps me to stay motivated
– I enjoy group classes for the social aspect and they push me more than I might if I was working out by myself
– Even though I’m a Personal Trainer I still sometimes like to let someone else do the thinking for me and put together a workout
– I work from home 2 days each week so I can squeeze in lunchtime classes on those days which widens the choices of classes
– I’ve tried new studios and classes that I wouldn’t go to before because the price put me off
– It’s ridiculous value…
Putting the work in at Moreno Boxing, Dalston
To put it into numbers:
Number of classes I did: 14
Cost of classes if I’d paid individually for each one: £176*
Cost for 1 month of ClassPass: £89/month
Cost for 3 months of ClassPass: £69/month
Cost for 6 months of ClassPass: £59/month
*This is the worst-case scenario i.e. not taking into account membership discounts at the studios (which I don’t have anyway) or introductory offers
So if you sign up for the 6 month ClassPass membership you’re effectively getting over 30% off every class if you use it very regularly.
torture chamber Pilates studio at Tempo Pilates, Netil house
There are a couple of things that would improve ClassPass in my opinion:
– More early-morning classes that aren’t yoga
– A wider geographical spread of studios because as an East London-ite there aren’t a huge choice of places out in Hackney
– Not being limited to 3 classes per studio each month (although I understand why they’ve done this)
– Not having to pay for all 6 months up front when you choose this option, it’s a lot of money to stump up all at once
– Being able to choose spin bikes when booking a class – I have to spin without my glasses on and if I’m not in the first couple of rows then I can’t really see the instructor!
This was the sweaty pain at the end of a boxing class, i’m loving it really.
I’m planning on signing up for the full 6 months because I can see the value in it and I really enjoy the classes that are on offer. Who’s signing up with me?
I was given a month’s free trial of ClassPass but all views are my own