When life is getting a bit much it’s important to just stop. A bit of ‘me’ time will never go amiss.
I’m struggling with my energy levels at the moment. Working 4 days a week, doing homework, planning for assessments and spending the entire weekend studying and doing practical workshops for my PT course means that I have very little time to rest and relax.
I’ve had to cut down on exercise to 2-3 times a week rather than 5 and I’m making sure that I’m in bed by 10pm every night. I’m also struggling to stick to my food plans because my body is craving sugar and processed carbs for instant energy. I’m trying to allow myself a little bit more flexibility with food at the moment, eating some healthier sweet treats and adding in a few more calories each day to maintain some semblance of energy.
When I do get time to relax, here are my favourite ways:
1) Run a bubble bath, light some candles and settle in with a good book. There’s nothing better for soothing the soul than a good soak
2) Make some hot chocolate using raw cocoa, almond or coconut milk and agave nectar
3) Go out for a walk by yourself and just appreciate the beauty of where you are
4) Pamper yourself. Go for a manicure or massage or even set up a home-spa for a facial, manicure and pedicure to save some money
5) Spend some time with loved ones, remind yourself of all of the great things in your life
6) Cook! I love to cook and the process of experimenting really calms me. It also means that the fridge and freezer are full of healthy quick meals
What do you do to relax?